Detroit, Michigan, United States
The Yunion is a faith-centered 501c3 non‐profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit. Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We strive to offer holistic services with a wraparound approach to meet the needs of our community.
Why Join the Yunion?
The Yunion is composed of a dynamic team of compassionate professionals that are committed to improving the lives of the youth and families that we serve. We have a common belief that at the end of the matter, love is the answer. If you want a purposeful and impactful career, working in a warm and family-like environment, join our team!
We are accepting proposals from entrepreneurial, experienced, and innovative individuals to provide consultancy to our organization in the specialization of Marketing and Communications to support the development and growth of The Yunion through internal and external communication initiatives. Enthusiasm and a positive attitude is essential in gaining and maintaining the trust and confidence of our community and external partners, participants, and parents/guardians. Maintaining confidentiality and building trust are a key component a consultant will bring to this role. Must work a minimum of 25 hours a week.
Essential Functions of the Scope of Work:
· Develop and maintain effective marketing and communication strategies.
· Manage website maintenance and updates
· Manage internal and external communications. (Social Media, Memorandums, Newsletters, etc.)
· Create proficient draft content for social media sites, press releases and website.
· Ensure effective and timely communication with parents, participants, community partners and staff.
· Ensure a positive image is always reflected in social media messages and positively reflects the programs and events.
· Assist the leadership team with communication strategies and best practice means to relay information.
· Effectively ensure strategies and messages from senior leadership are positively and consistently cascaded.
· Ensure the reliability and validity of information distributed is accurate.
· Positively promote brand consistency.
Required Qualifications for Contract Consideration:
· Three years of web-based technology use and web-design creation.
· Experience in graphic design/graphic arts creation a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrable experience.
· Ability to create and manage high-profile projects and events.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
· Exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
· Technical Capacity
· Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
· Collaboration Skills
· Communication and Proficiency
· Public Speaking Skills
Preferred Education and Experience
· Experience with design and/or Adobe Creative Suite.
· Experience working and/or volunteering for a non-profit organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferably in business or non-profit management.
Proposal Submission Requirements
To be considered for this contract award, please provide the following:
· Resume or contractor brochure, materials, and list of previous clients
· Hourly fee range for the Scope of Work identified above
· Estimated number of hours per week for the Scope of Work identified above
Hours of Work
This is a contract position. Independent Contractor is expected to work 25-30 hours a week.
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000 based on qualifications and experience.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment or contract without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
e and local laws.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the information below and submit it to us for consideration.
(200MB file size limit)