We are seeking a highly qualified individual who is a self-starter. This position will organize, direct, and ensure implementation of all programmatic aspects of the organization. The COO is responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of programs and initiatives in all departments. In addition, this position manages, develops, and provides leadership to all staff members while championing the culture of the group. Provide leadership in the collaboration of all community efforts.
• Ensure all programs, services and grants are implemented and managed efficiently, effectively, and professionally. This includes compliance of local, state, and federal government partners.
• Assist with written reporting requirements for all contracts and grants.
• Responsible for the oversight of all programs including relationship building with community partners, participants and staff members.
• Ensures the implementation of required training and general personnel management.
• Assist in identifying, developing and implementing fundraising events and contributing to meeting fundraising goals and objectives.
• Assist with the research, writing, and procurement of grants and other funding opportunities for the organization.
• Maintain effective communication with funding and regulatory agencies as applicable.
• Create and implement community outreach opportunities and build awareness.
• Conduct needs assessment to determine staff and volunteer requirements.
• Develop strategic plans to grow the organization and strengthen its abilities locally and regionally.
• Foster an environment that promotes the vision and mission of the organization.
• Maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in all related activities and within the community.
• Demonstrate commitment and passion to the mission of The Yunion.
• Exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
This job description provides a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at times with or without notice.
Required Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, or similar discipline required
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field of human services and/or administration with a minimum of five years of experience in a similar role, preferably a non-profit setting.
• 3-5 years of progressive management responsibility developing, implementing and managing multiple programs and services with a non-profit organization.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience of staff management.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Experience with grant administration and financial reporting.
• Working knowledge of local, state, and federal human service regulations
• Strong Business Acumen
• Change Agent
• Communication Proficiency
• Decision Making Ability
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Results Driven.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree preferably in business or non-profit management.
The salary range for this position is $92,000.00 to $105,000.00, based on qualifications and experience.
This position will be responsible for managing managers, supervisors and staff.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a primarily sedentary role; however, there will be lifting of files, opening of filing cabinets and frequent bending or standing.
Expected Hours of Work
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch hour. Schedule may vary based on company needs and some late evenings and weekend hours are required.
Local, Regional, and occasional National travel is required for this position.
We offer competitive benefits, medical, dental, vision and 401k.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
Detroit, Michigan, United States Full Time