Detroit, Michigan, United States
The Prevention Specialist “Life Guide” is responsible for facilitating abstinence curriculum with program
participants at school and community based sites. They will also ensure the completion of all administrative tasks
and collection of all necessary paperwork to ensure successful matriculation and tracking of enrolled participants.
The Life Guide will also assist in identifying and developing year-round leadership development activities for
participants. 100% of the time of the Life Guide will be spent fulfilling these responsibilities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Facilitate Abstinence-based curriculum
• Assists with identifying and creating year-round leadership development activities
• Attends networking & prevention advocacy functions and events on behalf of The Yuinon Inc.
• Interfaces with parents/guardians, school staff, and staff as it relates to program
• Assists in recruitment of youth for program
• Complete necessary program & curriculum training
• Performs necessary administrative tasks including paperwork completion as it relates to program participants Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in youth development field
• Experience working with middle and high school aged youth
• Experience working with at-risk youth
• Well organized
• Familiar with prevention education, including abstinence
• Program facilitation experience
• Proficient with computers
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills
• Resourceful • Works well individually and with groups
• Able to clear necessary background checks
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the information below and submit it to us for consideration.
(200MB file size limit)