Detroit, Michigan, United States
The Yunion is a faith-centered 501c3 non‐profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit. Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We strive to offer holistic services with a wraparound approach to meet the needs of our community.
Why Join the Yunion?
The Yunion is composed of a dynamic team of compassionate professionals that are committed to improving the lives of the youth and families that we serve. We have a common belief that at the end of the matter, love is the answer. If you want a purposeful and impactful career, working in a warm and family-like environment, join our team!
We are seeking an organized individual with great attention to detail and multitasking ability. This position provides administrative support to the CEO, Executive Director, and Director of Operations. In addition to assisting with the direct needs of scheduling and administrative duties, additional responsibilities will include coordination of meetings and conferences, assisting with reports, ordering and maintaining supplies and working on special projects. The Executive Assistant will sometimes manage sensitive and highly confidential information.
• Provides general administrative and clerical support including creating documents, mailing, scanning, faxing and copying.
• Craft and distribute communications to external stakeholders on behalf of the Executive Director and Director of Operations, and President.
• Coordinate and manage meeting schedules for senior leadership, internal staff and community partners / stakeholders.
• Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conference and department activities.
• Assists with managing media content and correspondence for the Yunion.
• Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of data and resources.
• Perform word processing and data entry.
• Create and maintain spreadsheets and presentations.
• Assists with completion and submission of contract reports
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving administrative problems or issues.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
• Maintain office and programmatic supplies.
• Assist in the coordination of professional staff development / training sessions.
• Develop and distribute leadership team meeting agendas.
• Distribute resources and announcements to internal staff and community partners.
• Schedule monthly partnership meetings with external partners / stakeholders.
• Assist the HR specialist with new staff onboarding tasks.
• Assume clerical duties such as answering phone calls and responding to email.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business Mgt.
• Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Customer service experience.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Highly professional.
• Works well with people from different levels in the organization.
• Technical Capacity
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
• Collaboration Skills
• Communication and Proficiency
• Presentation Skills
The salary range for this position is between $47,000.00 and $54,000.00, depending on qualifications and experience.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of others.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a primarily sedentary role; however, there will be lifting of files, opening of filing cabinets and frequent bending or standing.
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch hour. Schedule may vary based on company needs and some late evenings and weekend hours are required.
No overnight travel is expected for this position.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the information below and submit it to us for consideration.
(200MB file size limit)