Detroit, Michigan, United States
The Yunion is a faith-centered 501c3 non‐profit organization that serves youth and families in Metro Detroit. Our mission is to counter negative cultural influences that misdirect the lives of youth by raising awareness and strengthening families through innovative prevention programming, education, parental engagement, mentoring and counseling. We strive to offer holistic services with a wraparound approach to meet the needs of our community.
Why Join the Yunion?
The Yunion is composed of a dynamic team of compassionate professionals that are committed to improving the lives of the youth and families that we serve. We have a common belief that at the end of the matter, love is the answer. If you want a purposeful and impactful career, working in a warm and family-like environment, join our team!
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and/or Executive Director, this position provides administrative support to the Cave of Adullam Transformational Training Academy (CATTA) team. In addition to assisting with the direct needs of the CEO’s scheduling and CATTA administrative duties, additional responsibilities will include coordination of meetings and conferences, ordering and maintaining supplies and working on special projects. Will sometimes manage sensitive and highly confidential information.
· Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conference and department activities.
· Assists with managing media content and correspondence for the CATTA
· Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of data and resources.
· Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying.
· Assist with communications for students, parents, and community stakeholders
· Maintain financial management system for service fees and payments
· Assist with reporting related to funding, evaluation, and other programmatic deliverables
· Perform word processing and data entry.
· Creating and maintain spreadsheets and presentations.
· Assist in troubleshooting and resolving administrative problems or issues.
· Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
· Fielding telephone calls.
· Maintain office and programmatic supplies.
This job description provides a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at times with or without notice.
· Technical Capacity
· Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
· Collaboration Skills
· Communication and Proficiency
This position is not responsible for the supervision of others.
This positon operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a primarily sedentary role; however there will be lifting of files, opening of filing cabinets and frequent bending or standing.
Expected Hours of Work
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a one hour unpaid lunch hour. Schedule may vary based on company needs and some late evenings and weekend hours are required. Expected to work 25-30 hours with intent to move to full-time within 6 to 12 months.
Pay: $27,000 - $32,000
No overnight travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
· Three years of administrative experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Products.
· Strong computer literacy in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Exceptional organizational skills.
· Customer service experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business Management.
· Advance proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint.
The Yunion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Yunion complies with applicable state and local laws.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the information below and submit it to us for consideration.
(200MB file size limit)