Detroit, Michigan, United States
Data Quality Specialist Job Description
The Data Quality Specialist, under the direct supervision of the Operations Coordinator, serves a key role in
assuring that data tasks are supported and implemented for our Diversion and Workforce departments. The
Data Quality Specialist will provide high-level reporting and tracking, maintain each database by entering
new and updated participant information into the Juvenile Agency Information System (JAIS), One-Stop
Management Information System (OSMIS), and the NEON CRM systems, will assume case file compliance,
and other administrative duties as deemed necessary.
1. Possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of two (2) years of work experience
in data management and reporting.
2. Highly organized, can effectively task manage a fast-paced work environment, has strong communication
skills, both verbal and written, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with
3. Proficient in MS Word (Google Docs), MS Excel (Google Sheets), as well as experience in working with
data entry database systems.
4. A knowledge of operating standard office equipment and a tech savvy skill set is an asset.
5. Self-starter with a strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and can work independently, as well as part of
6. Must provide a negative TB test
7. Must submit a clearance via the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ Sex Offender
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Experience utilizing OSMIS and components related to DESC compliance
2. Experience utilizing JAIS and components related to CCF compliance
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally
4. Ability to comprehend treatment plans, progress reports, and community correspondence(s)
5. Ability to communicate professionally with agency administrators, staff, and stakeholders
6. Experience with Microsoft Excel (Google Sheets) and compiling spreadsheets
7. Experience with Microsoft Work (Google Docs) and drafting correspondences
8. Experience with data management and software systems
1. Prepares and prints application packets for participant registration
2. Reviews in detail source data for data entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry
3. Processes customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving
discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for
4. Verifies entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data;
combining data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purging files to eliminate
duplication of data
5. Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
6. Enters Activities and Case Notes into OSMIS for general program updates and attendance
7. Conduct bi-weekly audits of JAIS, OSMIS, and case files to review/ensure compliance with DESC and
United Way contracts
8. Follows up with exited participants to update performance measures
9. Submit summary reports of JAIS, OSMIS, and case file audits to Operations Coordinator
10. Weekly updates of case management caseload roster in google docs
11. Manage and monitor caseload assignments to assure adequate distribution amongst case management
12. Serve as back-up to Administrative Assistant as needed with managing emails, phone calls, and
13. Assist with programming tasks, inclusive of setting up and breaking down of events and classes
14. Participates in all departmental and stakeholder meetings, as needed
15. Participates in all required trainings and organizational events
16. Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
17. Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
18. Ability to work outside of normal business hours
The hourly wage for the Data Quality Specialist role is between $20-$23 per hour and is dependent
upon experience. In this position you are able to work up to 30 hours per week.
Terms of Employment:
The Data Quality Specialist shall be an at-will employee unless otherwise categorized, in writing, by the
Executive Director of The Yunion. The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to
fulfill the principle functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed
description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job either at present or in the future.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the provisions in the employee
[ ] I am able to perform the essential functions of this job!
Print Name: __________________________________________ Date: _________
Signature: ___________________________________________ Date: __________
(Signature signifies the job description was reviewed by candidate and/or employee.)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the
person assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the
person assigned to this classification.
If you would like to apply for this position, please fill in the information below and submit it to us for consideration.
(200MB file size limit)